Bad Baby Names!

Welcome to BAD BABY NAMES! All BAD BABY NAMES are actual, verified names from newspapers & online webnurseries from the US & Canada. So enjoy & be glad your parents didn't name you one of these doozies! Remember: all babies are beautiful gifts from God, all created equal...all baby names, however, are NOT.

Friday, June 24, 2005

NEW! BAD BABY NAMES FAN MAIL

First of all...thanks to everyone for reading BAD BABY NAMES, and for sending your bad names in!

This blog is only for baby names of children born in the past year. This way, I can verify names and be sure I am not using any "urban legends." Also, I kind of use this blog as an example of current naming trends...so names of older kids or adults just don't belong.

HOWEVER....

I routinely get great emails from BAD BABY NAME fans, giving me names of co-workers, friends, family and people they've randomly met in their day-to-day lives. Some of these names are so hilarious, it just seems a shame not to use them.

So I've decided to introduce a new facet to BAD BABY NAMES: BAD BABY NAMES FAN MAIL.

FAN MAIL posts will be actual emails sent to me about this blog and giving me names of people born prior to 2005. Kids you went to school with, old boyfriends, your mom's mah johngg buddy...any BAD NAME will do!

A few guidelines:

1) DO NOT post your FAN MAIL names on the "comments." FAN MAIL names must be emailed to me at Pendragon525@aol.com.

2) Please put "fan mail" in the subject line, so I know it's not spam.

3) Please let me know in your email whether or not I have permission to publish the email on this blog. I will not publish without that permission.

4) Also, let me know how you would like me to "sign" your fan mail. Would you like me to use a screen name, a nickname, your real first name (I won't print last names), or a link to your own blog? I won't publish without this information.

5) I won't use last names on these posts, nor will I use names of high schools or places of business. I will, however, post the state you are/were in when you came across the BAD NAME if that information is in the email. I won't, however, post names of cities. I'll also post where and when you came across this name (if you chose to tell me); but once again, no specifics. This is for everyone's protection.

6) I'm only interested in names of people you have actually met, or names you have actually seen (for example, I know of one BAD BABY NAMES fan who often finds names on the sign-in sheet for her shop). No celebrity names, urban legends or "second-hand" information.

7) I reserve the right to edit the email for content and/or length. Once published, it becomes the property of the BAD BABY NAMES! blog and the blogholder.


So go ahead...send me your BAD BABY NAMES! Remember...I love all bad names, but I especially like those that fit into our official BAD BABY NAMES categories, such as REDNECK HALL OF SHAME, APOSTROPHE ABUSE and MOUTHFULL. I hope to post FAN MAIL every week or so.


Thanks...and enjoy!


---Zen Angel

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home