Bad Baby Names!

Welcome to BAD BABY NAMES! All BAD BABY NAMES are actual, verified names from newspapers & online webnurseries from the US & Canada. So enjoy & be glad your parents didn't name you one of these doozies! Remember: all babies are beautiful gifts from God, all created equal...all baby names, however, are NOT.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

FAN MAIL! #22

Hello Zen Angel,

I just took the poll... wow, there were some hard choices on that one!

In my town there is a preschooler named Blessed Sun. There's also a boy named Basil, which seemed fine until his brother was born and given the name Kale. Heaven and Rain are so common here as to not be worth mentioning.

A friend of mine worked with a child named Thelastone (pronounced Thuh-LAST-un-ee) because the daughter was intended to be The-Last-One.

My office mate worked in a NICU and reported the following names:
(all from white mothers, BTW, in case we have any stereotypes about bad naming practices)
Tequila Sunrise (a teen mom)
Cannibus (another teen mom)
Harley Davidson (apparently there were several of these)
Page (pronounced Puh-JAY, thank you very much)
Muffy
Cash
Guess (What's your name? Guess. Tell me or I'll send you to the principle's office!)
Heavenly Hope
and my favorite... Meconium (because the Mom just thought it sounded pretty... eeewww!)

In my own work I've seen more variations on the spelling of Jasmine (Jazman, Jazzmine, etc.) than I care to think about.

Keep up the good work!

A fan in HippieVille, New England
*********************************

Dear Fan in HippieVille:


Those are some outrageous names! I think my favorite is Meconium. YIKES!


Thanks for reading!


---Zen Angel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home