Bad Baby Names!

Welcome to BAD BABY NAMES! All BAD BABY NAMES are actual, verified names from newspapers & online webnurseries from the US & Canada. So enjoy & be glad your parents didn't name you one of these doozies! Remember: all babies are beautiful gifts from God, all created equal...all baby names, however, are NOT.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Dear Annie...

A mention of bad names in a column called "Dear Annie":

An-Knei, why can't parents spell?


Dear Annie: I read the letters about children with odd names. In my experience as a parent, daycare provider and educator, I've heard some doozies. But the spellings of names also can be embarrassing and cause the name to be endlessly mispronounced.

I knew a little girl named Jenuhfur and a boy named Jairohmee. I amuse myself reading the alumni journals from my kids' colleges and noting the most bizarre name for a new baby in each issue. I've seen Coal, Teggre, and the many variations on Aiden, Tjaden, Kaden, Rayden, Maydon, Graydon, Braden, Braydon and Braidyn. Lynn


Dear Lynn: Thanks. Surprisingly, we actually like most of those names, although a couple make you wonder what the parents were thinking. Fortunately, the increase in unusual names and spellings means such diversity will be better tolerated. And more tolerance is a good thing. Annie




Source: The Wilmington Star

1 Comments:

  • At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Some good names at www.all-babynames.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home